Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the first impression that guests have when arriving at your Salt Lake City home. When you determine it’s time to replace your doors, it usually means you are prepared to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just ready for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not emphasize your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide contrast to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the functionality of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re spotlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, good lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cheerful and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery around a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can draw attention to particular door details and shift attention away from other unfriendly aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can enhance a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can get a major revamp.
Greet guests into your home with an appealing doorway and make a great first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Salt Lake City, give them a call at 385-203-8083 or schedule an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.