Fall is upon us in Salt Lake City, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to replicate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are many ways to create levels, including using decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are always staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and trendy curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Salt Lake City a call at 385-203-8083 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!