When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Salt Lake City, don’t stress about it. Before you start to panic about how you’ll get everything done, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Whether you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips can help reduce your stress and ensure your home is safe and comfortable.
- A storage-packed island will allow you to utilize maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. You’ll have plenty of room for lots of kitchen helpers and good conversations. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes it easy to clear away the after-dinner mess so you can relax with loved ones.
- The holidays are a wonderful time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. It’s common for families to gather around the fireplace, and having yours well decorated will make for a festive and inviting space. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Salt Lake City to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and comfortable holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through the brisk season in Salt Lake City, you might struggle to find vibrant colors outside of your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need a kids’ table or just need extra chairs, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Let’s be real, holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food matches the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Salt Lake City every year. If you don’t like cooking, put your effort into searching for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may collect dust during the rest of the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you’re gearing toward elegant or festive, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you have endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. You can add tables, chairs or even a a bench that can store pillow and throws for chilly nights. Make a perfect spot to reflect on your holidays and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after a successful celebration.
- Last, no matter how many projects you can fit in before the holidays, give yourself time with your loved ones. Use your skills to create a humble abode for all. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Salt Lake City than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more help making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, come in and talk with our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Salt Lake City showroom or reach us at 385-203-8083.